TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BP Build Component Recommendations  (Read 7279 times)

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: BP Build Component Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »

What should I do once I acquire said transmission? Fifth gear? Different clutch? What am I looking for?

The Kia Sephia tranny has 28 spline outputs,  so you’ll need custom axles or swap the differential to a 26 spline unit so you can use XR2 axles. 
With your power goals, I would suggest a 26 spline Mfactory LSD and an upgraded clutch.

Could you elaborate on those gremlins?

Where WILL Rocketchip take me, safely?

A Rocketchip should get you around the low 200s.
If you want 300+, you'll need MS and larger fuel injectors.

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »

I dont get why you dont want to go with a Megasquirt? Considering it means better tunes/more hp(no offense Matt). Also the advatage of upgrading the car to C.O.P, and being able to get rid of the crap stock airbox.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

NomakeWan

• 93 Capri XR2
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 03:21:43 AM »

Depends on your goals, really. My goal is to have a mostly stock car that's reliable and puts out around 200 to the wheels. So for my goals, a Rocketchip'd ECU and upgraded turbo is plenty enough.

If you have more lofty goals, then I agree--a standalone is the only way to fly.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »

Depends on your goals, really. My goal is to have a mostly stock car that's reliable and puts out around 200 to the wheels. So for my goals, a Rocketchip'd ECU and upgraded turbo is plenty enough.

If you have more lofty goals, then I agree--a standalone is the only way to fly.

My thoughts exactly. I don't need much, and I don't want to stress the B6T, as I have a buyer interested when I start the BP build.
Pages: 1 [2]