TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: rocketchip  (Read 2521 times)

bobbynahas

rocketchip
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »

Are there any other upgrades i would need to utilize this chip? If so what would you advise?

huzrddy

rocketchip
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

rocket chip + boost controller + k&n or cone air filter= one happy mofo!!
(trust me on this one)
Nitrous is like a hot bitch with an STD, you want to hit it, but you are scared of the consequences.

rcdraco

rocketchip
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »

Generally to run higher boost you'll need a more free exhaust system, commonly 2 1/2 inch pipe from the cat-back.  A boost controller is needed to control where you're running boost at, the rocketchip may raise the fuel map and ECU redline, but it has no interface with the all mechanical boost control.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
rocketchip
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »

Highly recommend larger exhaust, intake, and you'll need a boost controller to raise the boost. Aftermarket blowoff valve or bpv is also highly recommended.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

bobbynahas

rocketchip
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »

if i went with a manual bost control what would you reccomend? and is there a cat back exhaust system avaliable?

rcdraco

rocketchip
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »

Midco sells a manual boost controller, and exhaust system at a reasonable price.  Personally I bought the boost controller from him and had a cat back exhaust made from 2 1/2 pipe and a glasspack about midway through.  Intake was a simple matter with adapter plates from your local auto parts store(3 inch diameter maf) to a semi-cone air filter.  No chip yet.

bobbynahas

rocketchip
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

Thanks for all the info, I need to get this head gasket done. my 5 year old took 2 of the head bolts and put them somewhere. Stuck till tomorrow am. Id like to get the h up to 175 or so. Thats my goal