TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Long nose crank??  (Read 1951 times)

Hollis

Long nose crank??
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

So I've been getting all the supplies to fix my car. Today I went to check it out to see if the bolt was really loose. After reading into the thing Matt posted for me about the locktite fix. I found out that the short nose has 4 holes in the pully.

The long nose has 8. Now my car was born in may 1990. lol.. Is it possible that I have the long nose and maybe my key is just worn? Because it has the 8 holes in the pully that the guide says is the long nose. Someone please tell me before I order 80$$ in parts >.<

Hollis

Long nose crank??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »

If you have any info for me or have gone threw this give me a text or call.

724 256 3358

-Chris

THanks guys!

rcdraco

Long nose crank??
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »

All 8 holes are Long nose, it is STILL possible to damage the keyway on any vehicle if the crank bolt is loose.  Remove the crank pulley and check if is worn at all, replace it if it isn't.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Long nose crank??
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »

In the capri, there wasn't a clear cutoff with the pulleys like they had with the Miata. You can measure the crank bolt to find out which. One of my old engines I have laying out back, is a short nose with 8 hole pulley on it.

RC: The issue is not a worn pulley. Its a worn crank. Hence the loctite fix.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"