TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: For tonights dumb question  (Read 1928 times)

JThw8

For tonights dumb question
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

Ok, this is going to sound really stupid probably.  But Im already doing my next step designs for after the rally, learning and finding parts and such.

I need to go to an FMIC, I dont even have the stock one right now (the PO needs a swift kick) Seems most of the "kits" have the 2.5 pipes and that's all good.  But obviously the turbo outlet is not 2.5 inches, more like 1.5 so what do you use to make the transition?  Is there just a silicone adapter piece (and what's it called because I cant find it) or is there another way?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

Yes there are silicone reducer/adapters that you will need. www.siliconeintakes.com has what you'll need, You'll want a 1.75" to 2.25 or 2.5" 90° reducer/coupler. A lot of people run 2.5" IC piping, but 2.25" works too, I have a little bit of both. There's a few threads here detailing exactly which bends & IC size you'll need.

If you just want a stock IC, I have one handy.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

JThw8

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

Thanks again!

Steep learning curve but Im trying to overcome it quickly.

I'd probably rock the stock IC if I had the rest of the stock plumbing to go with it right now but since I have to put together everything I might as well upgrade a bit when I get to that point I guess.

Something tells me that sooner or later you'll be getting my ECU  ;)

Now...what do you know about Subarus.....

Christian

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »

If I remember correctly I believe someone makes a 2.5" turbine outlet on this site. I think fastivab6tg25mr made them if I can remember correctly they cost 110 shipped or something like that.