TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: missing where is it coming from?? HELP! IDEAS NEEDED  (Read 2544 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
missing where is it coming from?? HELP! IDEAS NEEDED
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

got a start and running problem.. ok the car starts up cold great but as its running and warm up it starts missing the hotter it gets the more it misses if you put it on a load with the turbo its like its not running on all four..after its warm it stays this way. if you turn thr car off, as you start it back it hits one time then you can crank till the battiers dead it will not start but it you push the gas to the floor it will start but keeping it running is not easy then it goes back to running and missing again bad.. after the car cools off it starts up great but then after warmin up yuck...  i have tried manythings changed:dist,plugs wires,sparkplug,distcap, new tps,new coil,new battier,rotor button, the two senors in the dist,  the plugs are black as they can be when removing them..    HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Surfnut

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »

No idea Brother.  Have you got a spare ECU you can try?

Pulling an idea out of my ass here but have you tried putting in-line spark plug testers at the plugs to see which spark plugs are missing ?  Maybe then you can pinpoint some troubles ?
I mean, if Number 1 plug NEVER misses but number 3 ALWAYS misses...maybe you can work your way back somehow ?

Dave

bryanknight

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »

well thanks Dave for at least trying to help thanks man!! but after getting no answer on here like uslly i called around my town and look for the guy that new mazda cars and went to see him, it toke this guy 5 mins of me just telling him what my car was doing for you to tell me what to try and he was right. it stop missing the second i put and New temp sencer under the intake!! he said that the temp told the ecu the temp on the motor so it new how much fuel to give in on cold start up so after it got warm it was still giving it fuel making it miss!! but the code never came up on the car so i never look in to it.. now i got another problem..

bryanknight

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »

the car starts and run great no missing no nothing just power.. k no when the car is a running temp and you shut off the car it will not start back untill about ten mins later it starts right up like nothing was wrong?? does anyone care to try that one ??

bryanknight

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

well post on my on problems to help other if you have same kind of problems  so far car is running good again the problems lies between the wires coming out of the dizzy or on the drives side inter finder under the fuse box are a set of plugs like 5 while three of them seem to do nothing on making the car run different the other to kill the motor not sure what they go to with out lookin in to but after unpluging them and pluging them back up car has ran great.. i am going to put the old wires back in the dizzy to see if it was that or the plugs..

Surfnut

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »

Well, I'm glad to hear that you got problem #1 taken care of.  I never would have thought of a temp. sensor being the issue.

So after reading your last post I was a bit confused.  Did you get it to start and run okay after messing with those wires ?

When I cut down my wiring harness, I found a LOT of wires that dead-ended in connectors.  

Dave

CapriProject

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 03:46:00 AM »

"When I cut down my wiring harness, I found a LOT of wires that dead-ended in connectors."

I'm not the expert here but those 'dead-ends' that I've run across turn out to be Test Connections for trouble-shooting system issues.  Maybe you've found the same connectors.