TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Cruise Control issues!  (Read 1736 times)

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Cruise Control issues!
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

OK, fellers! I have been putting off asking this question because it has been WAY down my list of priorities, but now is the time...The buttons for my cruise control are all messed up. The "Off" button actually accelerates, the "CST" button does nothing, and the "Resume" button does not resume anything! LOL Any ideas what might be causing that, and what do I need to do to track it down? I checked the manual and none of the issues seem to fit my symptoms. Thanks!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Cruise Control issues!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »

Sounds like crappy wiring somewhere. I studied the cruise system in great detail last summer in an attempt to adapt it to work on my aftermarket steering wheel.

In short: all the controls have to work through 3 wires, so each button is assigned a resistor. The cruise computer measures the resistance when a button is pressed, and outputs according to which resistor is "selected".

If you have a bad connection somewhere adding extra resistance, it'll throw the whole system off.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Cruise Control issues!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

Yuck! Well, I don't really need it, so I prolly won't mess with it. Maybe when I have some extra time while the spouse is off in San Diego.
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\