TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: so whos coming this year??  (Read 13778 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
so whos coming this year??
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »

sitting in room 222 at the sunset inn in remmington..
so far im here and dr.bob and rocket are downstairs... where is everyone???

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

greetings from remmington

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

whos yellow one..I likey
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

smurfette

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

That would belong to Dr.Bob!!! Have fun everyone!!!

bhazard

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »

Loaded up. Whatever doesnt get sold is getting donated to the nearest dumpster. Theres no way I can stand to drive more than 190 miles like this.

I fit everything except the hood, vert stowage lid, and carpet.
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

kelly270

• http://na
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

hey-have fun every one-c u next year...

man, am I jelous.

Next year.

lots of hours fer sure from washington!!

wish i was there, my PTO doubled on the 7th so I will be saving up hours for next year.
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

bhazard

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 03:53:00 AM »

Made it back home at like 1:30am, including time zone change.

Had a great time. Really nice to meet everyone. Didnt sell all my parts but Im satisfied with what I was able to unload. Thanks to all who bought from me (especially John from IA). Thanks to Russ's adorable daughter (crap forgot name!) for helping me load up unsold parts.

And thanks to thee rocketman for helping me make my shoebox even more crazy. Yes, its quick. Now if I lay into the gas pedal in 2nd it will break loose.
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

bhazard

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »

By the way I topped off the gas tank in Walkerton, IN for 40.7 mpg. Topped it off again at home in Fayette.... 47.2 mpg! This is WITH a rocketchip ecu. Granted I was doing 50-55 the whole way, it was night time and Im kinda paranoid of hitting deer with a festiva.

Heres the route I got that mileage on...

Just drove this route last night coming from the capri meet. Topped off in Walkerton for 40.7 mpg. Topped off again at home in Fayette... 47.2 mpg!!! Granted it was quite a boring drive, Indiana is easily the most boring state Ive ever been in, and to top it off I did 50-55 the whole way. It was night time and Im paranoid of hitting deer with my festy. Ironically the only one I saw was a doe about 5 miles from home.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=walkerton+in&daddr=US-6+E%2FGrand+Army+of+the+Republic+Hwy+to:US-127+N+to:41.673593,-84.326034&hl=en&geocode=FVe7eAIdhF_Y-ik5wc3gHk QRiDFZ3eWpuLBYqg%3BFbxLeAIdTi_s-g%3BFfIJegIdYOX2-g%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=3&sz=17&via=1,2&sll=41.672848,-84.325218&sspn=0.003895,0.009624&ie=UTF8&ll=41.744677,-85.410461&spn=0.9959 46,2.463684&z=9

47mpg is what I averaged with the B3...

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »

Well I made it home.  What a great event.  Thanks again Cheryl and Rick, it was awesome.  Oh man was it crazy.  I had a blast getting to meet Joe and his wife Linda, meeting up with Matt, russ and Diana, Grant, Josh and Wisconsin (Madison) and ian and his friends.  4 hours to get there, 3 hours 20 mins to get back.  Just slammed through Chicago.  Saw Vern (the hamburgler) on the road on my out of Indiana, that was cool.

You will be hearing stories about this one.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

blue93

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »

Yes it was great to see everyone and meet the new addicts!  I'm going to take more time off for next year.  Prepping 2 cars almost killed me!

Thanks again to Rick and Cheryl for putting the event together.  Another fine job!

Thea and I are looking forward to next year in Freeport!
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »

im sorry, but i must be honest.. im very disapointed... very small turnout.. no food..
ive spent over 500.00 this weekend.. and i returned home with a wallet i bought in indy,the button george gave me (thank you much), and one hell of a sunburn...

meeting dr bob and matt was the highlight of this years meet.. and i did that at the motel..

the welcoming feeling i got last year was absent this year. i felt more like "oh joes here again"  and not like a guy whose put over 1000,00 and a hundred hours into his capri since the last meet.. like nobody cared.
 the detail i put into preping my car for this years meet is ten fold what i did last year. body work, paint, headlights, taillights, interior panels and cloth, fuel system, radiator, brakes..all new for this years meet.. and the only people who cared or even went over to look at my car. were josh/madison and ian/bob/trek... who wouldnt have known any of that was new becuase this was there first meet...

needless to say i was so frustrated with it i was dead set on selling the car ASAP..

my wife and i have talked alot since and i will be keeping it .. but we will be taking a hiatus from capri meets for a couple years atleast..

if you would like to contact me for any reason russ has my # other than that we will be on capri hiatus.. Joe and Linda Cote  RCIcustoms..

220hp@18psi

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »

Joe, I really am glad to hear your keeping the car.  Turn-outs at a gatherings seem to ebb and flow, there is little constant.  Were hoping next years will be another big one.  

Hosting a Gathering is difficult at times and pain the other times, and also expensive.  As you can see, we are not an affluent group and Gatherings are done just to get people together.  It is so hard to plan one because you don't know what's going to happen, who's going to show up, so we just try to be flexible.

Reconsider next year, and remember if you hadn't come to the Gathering this year, you would not of seen Matt throwing flames out his exhaust at midnight in a motel parking lot.  

I personally look forward to seeing you next year, and I promise I'll give you a big ole welcome hug when I see you......no?  Well how about if you don't come, I'll come down there and give you a big unwelcome hug at your place of employment.  Ya thats it.  

Either way, I'm glad I met you and your better hearing half.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »

the people are never a disapointment, like my wife said the people are easy going folks and are easy to talk to, and allways a good time...
at the 09 meet it just seemed like people were interested.. i spent the whole time explaining how i did stuff, and showing the car to people
who seemed in awe at the things i had done to the car... this year it seemed like it had all been seen before. and was mundane to them.. if i come up with an original idea it seems i must hide it or it shows up on another car by the years meet..
this year i had a ton of new stuff done as i said above i spent the better portion of the last year coming up with original stuff to do to the car that i hadnt seen on any of the other cars at the 09 meet (hence the full interior change, the exhaust, the radiator, the CF goodies the taillights ECT.. ) and nobody gave a crap.. like 2 people talked to me about my car..

if im going to spend lots of money and time doing original things to my capri. then to drive for 10 hrs and burn 4 tanks of gas to talk to 2 people about my car and get a terrible sunburn it starts to get mundane itself.. hell i fell asleep in my chair twice at the damn meet...

im not doing a damn thing to my car this year except for trying my damndest to blow the piece of shit up... im actually mad at my car like it didnt do its job this year or something..

MAJOR FAIL!!!

maybe my first meet i overexposed everyone to the car and now its just expected that im going to have some wild shit done to it.

im not going to bolt gtx running gear or an EGT motor into my car becuase thats rockets thing.. my car is made to be light weight. stripped and fast... like matt im an innovater not an imitator, were the copied not the copiers
and adding originality to a rare car is not easy
but when your hard work is overlooked and blends its time for a break... im sorry bob but the hiatus stands...Joe

PS another reason im not going to make it, is its further away for me, and 10 more minutes in the buzzy little crap and ill drive it into a guardrail on purpose...
the same reason i dont go to rockets meet in the fall its too damn far to drive the car... i may look into the alabama meet... but mostly looking for new non overexposed people to show the car to, and a shorter drive...
if i held a meet in kentucky who would show???
maybe 5 or 6 cars? and why? its too damn far to drive..

220hp@18psi

Ricksservice

• TeamCapri Supporter
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

Joe,

I sent you a message...  Please read when you have a moment...

Cheryl Stone

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »

I do know if we would of been at one of those fancy schmancy motels like "Motel 6" we would of been kicked out last weekend.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4