TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Car Set-up  (Read 7747 times)

icurunnin

Car Set-up
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »

16psi on a 16g is like our stock turbo's at 4psi. They can do it all day long without a flinch. The e316g really doesnt wake up till about 18psi which is what I ran on my last GVR4.

They are great turbo's and if we could get someone (gostlrs buddy) to make some nice log manifold's with mitsu flanges we would be golden.
3 92 Galant VR-4\\\'s = sold
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
92 Saturn SL2 turbo = burned (haters)
3 95 TSI AWD talons = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

yeah, there\\\'s more....

I have commitment issue\\\'s with cars

coco-customs

Car Set-up
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »

But a 16g at 16psi is flowing much more air then our turbos at 16psi. They sell decent manifolds for miatas on ebay with mitsu flanges but there top mount and I dont know if that would fit under our hoods. .sure would be cool. Im in the process of building my manifold but its a tubular equal length for a twin scroll 16g. . i'll post some pics soon.
Not stoping till 300 WHP

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Car Set-up
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

i posted a bunch of info on mitsu turbos from the dsm forums... its on here somewhere... and it shows the flowrate and efficient psi of each mitsu turbo on it...

220hp@18psi

icurunnin

Car Set-up
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

yeah I know they flow different rates. thats why I compared our turbo at 4 psi to a 16g at 16 psi.

The 14b  or a small 16g would be good fun on these cars. I am sure Joe has a fun time everyday on the way to work.

I am enjoying mine on stock boost with just a intake and HKS bov making suit harmony. cant wait till the ecm gets here so I can crank it up to a fun level.
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
Car Set-up
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

shit, i wish yall coulda been there on my way home from work today... there was a dark blue wrx sti, with some 20something driving it about 2 cars behind me.. so i got over and kinda waited for traffic to go by and sure enough here he comes..

now remember my car is running 17-18psi on a 14b with the wastegate open to atmosphere... so when i tromp down and reach full boost, and the wastegate opens. its dumping out a 4 inch pipe directed straight at the ground under my motor..
aka.. it sounds like a boosted nascar car.. like you wish you had earplugs loud...

ne way he gets to about my rear 1/4 and i downshift to 3rd.. full boost.. open wastegate.. i pull about 3 cars on him instantly... followed by 405cfm at 17psi coming out an hks ssqv bov...
his eyes and expression went from "look at this clown' to "WTF" in about 2.3 seconds...
he fell back about 5 cars and stayed there till he turned off about a mile down the road...

and here i am saying to myself "yea now thats why i built this car" ...  i even had to pull out the KING cd and play track 3 (whatcha know about that) at about volume 30 just to be an ass... but yes i love this car and i thorouly enjoy the ride to and from work every day...Joe

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
Car Set-up
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »

oh shit, waz up corey.. didnt see your post at first... yea, icu.. me and coco are friends on facebook.. hes gonna be the first to catch me i have a feeling...his build is eerily similar to mine but hes gonna try a big turbo not the little bro that im using...

220hp@18psi

icurunnin

Car Set-up
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

nice kill!

I thought you were on a 16g....  man a 12.80 on a 14b is really good. How much to get me one of those turbo manifold's made? You really have me wanting a 14b turbo.

going to try and get out this weekend to get my resistor box and get it installed. also going to try and get the fuel pump rewire done and strip down my gvr4 wheels.
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
Car Set-up
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »

im telin ya a civic d seies mani would yeild more in the future... it will prolly be t3t4 but an adaptor plate aint much to mitsu....

think im tossin a 2300lb car down the road
its a little 1.6 not a 2.0 405 cfm is alot of air ... and high compression im running 9.2-1 comp where stock there 7.9-1...big difference

on the same turbo, with the same support mods, and the same boost, my car is gonna make like
30 more hp than a b6t with low compression
but ill hit detonation before a 7.9 motor will
im limited by my fuel grade more than yall

i gotta run the 93 shell v-power if im gonna run pump gas...period... 92 will detonate....

220hp@18psi

icurunnin

Car Set-up
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »

so the d seires has the same bolt pattern as us?

I guess I will just max this this turbo out and build up a manifold and turbo combination till then.
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

coco-customs

Car Set-up
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »

hey joe!! Get your little issue figured out?? Love the STI story, my buddy has a WRX running on stage 2 at 18psi and its atleast as fast as a stock STI and he beats me when we race from a dig just because of the AWD factor but from A roll my car pulls harder and I allways win    As for a d-series mani. ICU I have one decent if your interested.

Not stoping till 300 WHP

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
Car Set-up
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

oh yea, it was a bad FPR solinoid, it was stickin closed.. and not lettin the FPR see the boost signal... i just removed it completely now the FPR runs directly from the intake manifold and what a difference...i also advanced the timing back to 12* BTDC... smartened it right back up ... i actually had to turn my fuel pressure down a bit....but the wideband stays alot smoother through the revs all the way to redline...

220hp@18psi

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
Car Set-up
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 03:20:00 AM »

will that manifold fit the stock turbo ?
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

coco-customs

Car Set-up
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »

negative T3/T4
Not stoping till 300 WHP

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
Car Set-up
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 05:50:00 AM »

BUT... on ebay they make adaptor plates for a mitsubishi mani... to be used with a t3-t4, and if you flip it over it will adapt a t3-t4 flange to hang a mitsubishi turbo...then you got what i got with a better flowing manifold...fun fun..

hey corry.. what do you want for that mani?? just out of curosity...
do you need anything for your build that you would be willing to trade???

220hp@18psi

coco-customs

Car Set-up
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »

How about a nice resistor box + $50  
Not stoping till 300 WHP
Pages: 1 [2] 3