TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: my '91 xr2 runs good until it warms up...?  (Read 2436 times)

mrbill

my '91 xr2 runs good until it warms up...?
« on: February 11, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »

My '91xr2 goes like hell until it warms up, then won't even do 30 mph, but will idle and rev fine, gunna start with fuel system, gas, pump,filter, regulator, injectors first??. Then ignition system. Anyone with any Tips or advice? Will be greatly appreciated. I am new to capris, was a VW tuner, got this xr2 cheap, found this site and now I've got the tuner bug again. Looking for any and all useful tech tips to get my capri project rolling. Peace.
william fuller

deadman

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »

going through similar issues,mine has rigged fuel line,bad sending unit and pump.check the fuel system.imo

mrbill

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »

I'm looking to improve the cars overall performance, and since I've got the intake manifold, fuel rail and injectors removed, I mind as well upgrade everything that needs it, especially all those hard to reach hoses and lines. I'm definitely going to rockchip it, 2.5 inch exhaust, cold air, intercooler, I'd like to get close to 200 ponies before I do the suspension. Hope to paint by spring. I'll see how things go. Late.
william fuller