TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Got it running (To an extent) need a little help  (Read 1653 times)

Hollis

Got it running (To an extent) need a little help
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »

So today I got around to messing with the xr2. Seeing that my shifter cable on my jetta froze and its gonna be a day before it comes in it inspired me to work on it lol.

Anyways I redid the valve cover seal, the breathers seal, put new hose on the valve cover breathers pcv valve a few days ago. Crushing 2 of my spark plugs.

So today I tried to tighten the turbo back to the exhaust and failed. Drained the oil. Smelled like gas hardcore. Put some new oil in. tightened everything back up.

It will start doesn't seem to smoke. But dies 3 seconds later. I did this a few times to see if a little smoke would come out and none did. So I hope all the stuff I did days ago helped and draining the old oil(2 quarts over)

Tomorrow I'm going to get new plugs and hope it fixes it. Wants to run. If you try to give it gas it wont start tho.

Pretty much turn key revs to around 3k then just dies.

Any ideas??

Hollis

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

Also on a side note. I will be looking for another engine. I think rocketman said something about the na version with swapped cams? If anyone in pa or close to pgh has an extra one thats in good shape could you pm me. It won't be for a few pays but I would like to line something up incase this one is shot. Cuz all my friends seem to think my block is cracked since it was blowing all that smoke.

Hollis

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »

Fixed put new plugs in and it runs. Just smokes still.