TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Dandelions coming from vents  (Read 3688 times)

Colorado1

Dandelions coming from vents
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »

I've got old dead dandelions coming from my vents when I turn on the heat & AC. Been there since I bought it but vacuumed them out the first time. Now many mos. later they shot through again. No mouse droppings, but anyway after looking in the book it appears that if I want to check the evaporator assembly I have to drain my AC & refill which is a bit much. Just want to vacuum this stuff out once & for all. Any ideas? This isn't a little bit of dandelions, it's like a snow storm!

rcdraco

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:00 AM »

Vacuum from the intake vents, just under the wipers.  There should be some sort of water trap down there if you feel like disassembly, which is probably where the things are getting stuck at.

Colorado1

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:00 AM »

I will give it s look, but these have been there long before I bought it. It sat covered near a field @ the guys house. There aren't any plastic screws on the cowl so it should be easy to check.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:23:00 AM »

Between the top of the firewall and the cowl there is a recess for the wiper linkage, the air intakes are there as well. Need to keep that whole channel clean - vacuum it out. After that the stuff will probably work its way out.

I've seen people put fine mesh in front of the vent intakes, as there is no filter of any sorts. You can end up with leaves in the system pretty easily
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

kelly270

• http://na
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »

Peronally, I think it sounds kind of cool!!!! Kind of like a throwback to the flowerpower days.
Man, dude-plant some weed in there and see what pops up!!!!! It'll be better than the cheech and chong van, man...
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

Colorado1

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »

It was funny @ first, but not 6 mos. later! I'll get on that Grow Car right away-thinking about a Ty-stick strut bar. Cops won't look there & I can pack my turbo with a pretty big chunk and route the BOV to the interior for a good hit almost constantly!
It was too cold yesterday but it's clean where the air comes in, no resin or nothing.

Colorado1

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »

I vacuumed out the holes & didn't get anything really, maybe I just loosened some up when I replaced the defective never stays on turn signal a couple weeks ago. I have a girlfriend so I can live with it/nobody else gets in the car.