TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Wiring question -  (Read 2604 times)

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Wiring question -
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »

That looks like it's in the same spot the connector for the cruise control servo would be, but the plug looks bigger than I think it should be
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »

Interesting.  Maybe the LH headlamp motor lift?
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »

No standard connector like that in that location on my cars.  I see there is an extra unknown purpose bracket screwed to the wall, maybe this was a custom line for a burglar alarm or some such...Chris... unless this is a right hand drive, I don't own one of those and assume major wiring differences...

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:56:57 AM »

Didn't notice the bracket there, looks like a horn bracket for a car alarm. The headlight lift motors use a big round connector up behind the headlight buckets.

Can you trace the wiring to see where it goes? It looks like there may be an inline fuse holder there which would indeed point to something aftermarket.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 03:12:04 AM »

Thanks guys!  I think the car alarm connection makes sense.  Thank you for taking the time to respond - much appreciated!