TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: shes lost that mooing feeling !  (Read 6398 times)

deewoody

• 1993 Capri XR2
Re: shes lost that mooing feeling !
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:50 PM »

i found oil in my valve yesterday when i took it off. Oil was dripping out of the nipple. where would that oil be coming from ? the only thing i can think of would be oil coming up from the turbo. I did find oil in the intercooler also. I did check the turbo spindle itself. No "play", and spinned freely. Any ideas where that oil may be from ?

NomakeWan

• 93 Capri XR2
Re: shes lost that mooing feeling !
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »

Did an experiment today on the way home from work. As long as I specifically avoided spooling the turbo, my oil gauge will read high. Once I open the throttle and let the turbo spool up, the gauge drops. I had always associated the impossibly high/low gauge readings with the infamous faulty oil reading problem (bad engine ground, I believe the culprit is?), but was just a random interesting anecdote. I'll be removing the heat shields and doing some diagnostics on the turbo here soon, planning on getting it rebuilt and turned into a 14/11.

I too am assuming that the turbo is the source of my oily mess. Gives me an excuse to rip it off, port the wastegate and do some mods while it's rebuilt. 8)
Pages: 1 [2]