TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: bpt swap  (Read 1815 times)

frobro85

bpt swap
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

Well had a little issue with my baby tonight. Got done watching the fight at a friends and on the way home my capri died(well the engine gave out from me tracking it anyway....and extra boost). To make a long story short, I'am on the ropes and figure if its gonna get any engine work might as well go bigger lol.

So I wanted to know some basics. First is it possible to run the computer from the b6 or should I go with the bp's(already have a rocketchip). The next is will the stock tranny bolt up because that would make my wallet very happy not having to get too many extras.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
bpt swap
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

Yes it will bolt to the XR2 transmission.

Yes, you can use the B6T engine management, but if you buy a real BPT w/ BP26 ECU, it's better to use that.

You will have to notch the passenger framerail to allow clearance for the belts/pulleys

There's a whole bunch of little things that needs to be changed/worked around, not a big deal stuff though -

-Throttle cable on the BP TB
-Fuel lines
-Intake routing
-Vacuum lines
etc etc...
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

frobro85

bpt swap
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

Ok thats pretty much what I wanted to know. Planed on taking the car of the road for a while to really get into it.