TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Head Bolt Torque Specs  (Read 3545 times)

Vanishing Point

Head Bolt Torque Specs
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

1991 naturally aspirated engine.

What are the specs for torquing the head bolts ?

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Head Bolt Torque Specs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

hey man i dont know on your car but i would not think there is much difference on turbo and nonturbo and the turbo is like 65 to 75 ftlb so i i would just torqu it to 65 and go with it

Vanishing Point

Head Bolt Torque Specs
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »

Thanks !

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Head Bolt Torque Specs
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »

Find a FSM or diagram, there is a proper sequence to tighten them down. Also I dont tighten to full torque all at once
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Vanishing Point

Head Bolt Torque Specs
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

I lost my service manual in my shop junk somewhere but I remember the torquing sequence (basically center and alternate out). Put a rebuilt engine in there about 5 years ago and it was starting to eat coolant. Just re torqued them and found the middle two to be at less than 50 pounds torque (where I started the torque wrench). The outer ones were better but of course when you start tightening up some then the others become loose too. Just finished the 65 pound sequence (going up in 5 pound increments from 50 foot pounds) and I think I'll go back out and set them at 67 foot pounds and call it a day.

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Head Bolt Torque Specs
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »

i have the service maual just ask man ill tell ya what i can i never go in order lol just center out lol not had a problem yet but that does not mean i wont lol