TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Brake Lines  (Read 3031 times)

SJ_Norway

Brake Lines
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »

I have been working on my 1972 Capri for a while and I have moved on to the brakes. I am going to replace all the brake lines, but when I brought one of the lines into Napa, the guy there insisted that the brake lines are standard. My friend and I are almost certain that they are Metric. I was wondering if any of you could help me out.
Thanks.

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Brake Lines
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

Well SJ, since no one is replying, I will jump in and say I'm not sure anyone on this forum will be able to give a difinitive answer to your question. This forum is mainly dedicated to the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri convertible produced in Australia by Ford of Australia. I'm sure someone in the group has some experience with the 70's Capri, but you may be disappointed with the level of expert knowledge on that series of Capri in this forum. But if anyone here can help a new member, please speak up!!   :D
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Greg_B

Brake Lines
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »

A long time ago I had a 72 Capri, V6 4speed , built in Germany.  Not the focus of this forum, but It was one of my favorites, so I looked this up on Advance Auto site.  Rubber brake hose metric ends.  Find another parts guy.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_hose-brake-wagner_26954616-p?navigationPath=L1*14921%7CL2*15008%7CL3*15690
Greg