TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Diameter of Gas Line ?  (Read 2089 times)

Surfnut

Diameter of Gas Line ?
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

I'm going to run all new fuel line from the tank to the engine.  
I plan on buying the Walbro fuel pump you guys recommended to me.  Can anyone please give me a recommendation as to what diameter gas line should I go with ?
Also, should I just buy a new OEM fuel filter ?

Thanks,
Dave

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Diameter of Gas Line ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

on the fuel line thing man run the size thats good for you and cheaper on ya because the stock fuel line is like a 1/4 or so line going to a big line is just going to make the return line more in use because your not using all that gas.. if i were you i would run 1/4 5/16 pr 3/8.. others may have another choice... and then fuel filter if your going to replace all the lines i would get and different inline filter because i hate that oem filter being where it is.. yuck lol dependin on room i would put it on the fire wall or something on the way up.. its not something you change alot so...  thats my thoughts

Surfnut

Diameter of Gas Line ?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »

Hey Bryan, thanks - I can always count on you Buddy.

I was thinking 1/4" but I know that using the wrong diameter line can mess up fuel pressure so I figured I'd ask 'cause I know a lot of the guys on this forum have upgraded the fuel pumps.
I would think that 3/8" is too big...so 1/4" or 5/16"  for fuel line ?

Dave

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Diameter of Gas Line ?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 06:11:00 AM »

Try to stick with 5/16 if you can, I wouldn't do 1/4"

If you've got the bank try stainless braided line - I'll be refitting my Capri with it from the fuel cell forward when I get the time. I have -8AN but thats cause of the fittings on the tank...IIRC thats 1/2" line. The rest of the system I want to run -6AN which is 3/8", unless there is a 5/16" version I'm not sure
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Surfnut

Diameter of Gas Line ?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

Thanks Rocketman.  I'll go with the 5/16" if that's what you recommend.  
Do you think the same for the return line ?
Do you have a preference for an in-line fuel filter?

Thanks again,
Dave