TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: there should be a vaccum line??  (Read 1704 times)

newboyracer

there should be a vaccum line??
« on: September 18, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »

Hey guys whats up, I've been reading this forum looking at how to make my lil xr2 even faster. While reading I saw a pic one of you guys had of an engine compartment. The thing that has me confused is the line running off the front right of the main intake tube on top of the valve cover.  Mine is just capped off!!!  Wondering what was and needs to be connected there!? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Time is the greatest teacher, Unfortunatly it kills all it\\\'s students.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »

Post a pic of what your talking about..
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

rcdraco

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »

He's referring to the PCV system.  That hose might actually hinder performance slightly, since at boost it tends to draw some oil into the intake line.  It's recommended that hose be routed to the intake, or to some sort of breather setup to pull in air to keep the crankcase pressure down.

Unless you mean ABOVE the valve cover, that hose runs to the Wastegate diaphragm on the turbocharger, slightly under the exhaust manifold.  They may have rerouted that for a boost controller setup.

newboyracer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »

Thanks rcdraco, yea thats what it was for and it was rerouted for a mbc.  Thats what I figured it was, but I wanted to be sure as I am reintalling the motor from a complete overhaul. It would suck if I was leaving something unplugged and I'd ruin the motor right after fixing it.      
Time is the greatest teacher, Unfortunatly it kills all it\\\'s students.