TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Okay since my car is not fixed now its the time to....  (Read 5738 times)

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Okay since my car is not fixed now its the time to....
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »

Hey Dhelhi! When I type your name in, I get all hungry for curry. Anyway! A boost controller enables you to more control the waste gate. So when you set it to allow 15lbs boost, you're controlling or restraining the pressure to the waste gate actuator.   Gus

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »

Hey Dhelhi! When I type your name in, I get all hungry for curry. Anyway! A boost controller enables you to more control the waste gate. So when you set it to allow 15lbs boost, you're controlling or restraining the pressure to the waste gate actuator.   Gus

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

you just need a value in line with the line that runs from the intake tube on the top of the engine its a line sticking out at the bottom its runs to the turbo waste gate  you need to spilt that line and find a value so you can slowly leak off pressure so the waste gate does not know its boosting as much this will get your high boost level and you can control it that way have you changed your exhast yet if not i would not run higher boost till you get a new exhast i am running 2.5 all the way out turbo back you need lots of flow there..

bryanknight

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

hey man look me up next time your on im me will talk

delhiboy3732

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

Hey guys, thank you so much for all of your replies and your willingness to help.

I am online at delhiboy3732@yahoo.com via messenger so if anybody would like to educate me on this, is welcome.

Bryan, I did not know I was supposed to change the exhaust manifold on this car? whats  wrong with the stock one?

delhiboy3732

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

Hey Gus,

I live in WA and NV and whenever and if ever we meet, I would make you the authentic curry in chicken or lamb or even beef if you want. It would be fun to sit together and learn from you about our cars and gain some knowledge from you.

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »

Hey Dheli! You don't necessarily change the manifold but install a larger exhaust from just below the manifold to the rear. It's referred as a cat-back replacement when you go to muffler shop. I, like Bryan have a 21/2 inch exhaust and it means a lot to performance but be ready for an increase in noise.  Gus

delhiboy3732

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

Thanks Gus, as far as I understand Catback system means running a bigger pipe from the end of the cat till the end. Is that what you meant?

If yes, did you run a straight pipe or put back the stock muffler with the new pipe?

Also, does turbo back would mean that a 2.5 pipe from our exhaust manifold till the end without any cat?

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »

Hey Delhi! From the down-pipe to back. I have a high-flow cat and high flow muffler on Janus. If you put a tube header on then you're even better-off. I'm working on that now. I'll be building one for the stock style turbo and one for another higher flowing turbo that I'll have built later.  Gus

bryanknight

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »

could not said it better its from below the turbo all the way out the back i do not have a cat like guss mine is straight out the back with a matrix flow throw muffle its not to loud but u do hear me coming lol it cost me bout 175 to get the muffle shop to bend my pipe
Pages: 1 [2]