TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: My head light motor issue  (Read 3043 times)

owent616

• 1991 Capri XR2
My head light motor issue
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:59:24 AM »

So I recently purchased a new headlight motor for my drive side because it was no longer working. I put the new one in and it looked a little different than the stock one. I think think much of it because it had the proper bolt pattern and plug in. However I tried to put them up and it seems to be wired backwards, meaning it goes up when it should go down and down when it should go up. I’m not sure how to proceed in this issue, my dad was saying that a pin in the connection was probably switch and needed to be changed but I have no idea how to do that. Has anyone else had this issue?
Also on a note that i’m just curious, does anyone of any after market blow off values to make the distinct turbo noice instead of it being so quiet? (or a way to make the stock one louder?)
Thank you!!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: My head light motor issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 07:31:10 AM »

Welcome to the community. I haven't' experienced this problem, but would unplug the motor, change the position of the other light and plug the new one back in. Blow off valves are available on eBay but I don't think they are rated by noise.
Jack Byrd

owent616

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 05:44:19 PM »

Thanks for he response! Unfortunately that was the first thing I tried and nothing changed.

GermanXR2

• XR2 Turbo
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 11:12:19 AM »

Are pictures of the origin installment made? Any deviations of the arms?

Or did you use the manual adjustment knob, to move the headlight syncron to the other one?

Or
Try to switch with the center console switch......