Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Non-Capri Usable Car Parts

Parts Finder FAQ

<< < (2/3) > >>

AeroSigma:
I'd be very interested to see such a spreadsheet.

Kiwimagic:
Did the spread sheet for parts happen or is it still a work in progress.

blueamber:
The idea was to have folks easily submit data for items bought, part numbers, where bought, price, comments about fit, etc.  A spreadsheet of some kind ( or doc with search capability, table of contents) would be created and maintained.

However, making the data available is beyond the capability of this forum, I don't see the ability to store a data file.

Rocketman:
I could host it on the main page with the other information, but our server does not have a whole lot of space to play with. We're on an ancient hosting plan, it's sufficient and cheap enough. I have looked into moving hosts in the past and it's an ordeal. A spreadsheet should work though.

A Google Spreadsheet might work, that's hosted in the cloud.

A few years ago I had the idea to make a Capri Wiki page, with Bubbagumpshrimp as the webmaster. We had a prototype page running on a test server, but didn't flesh it out much. He's since sold his Capri and his life got busy, not active here anymore.
There are a few communities that have wikis made up for their classic cars. They cover such things as production stats, known/common issues & repairs, and parts sourcing.
I feel like that would be a great benefit to the community, however, it seems very few can be arsed to go outside of asking on Facebook to look for any information.

Something like a wiki would be a community effort and take a good deal of time to get running. I will look into it again, perhaps there's an easier solution out there today.

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: Rocketman on May 09, 2020, 06:22:39 PM ---I could host it on the main page with the other information, but our server does not have a whole lot of space to play with. We're on an ancient hosting plan, it's sufficient and cheap enough. I have looked into moving hosts in the past and it's an ordeal. A spreadsheet should work though.

A Google Spreadsheet might work, that's hosted in the cloud.

A few years ago I had the idea to make a Capri Wiki page, with Bubbagumpshrimp as the webmaster. We had a prototype page running on a test server, but didn't flesh it out much. He's since sold his Capri and his life got busy, not active here anymore.
There are a few communities that have wikis made up for their classic cars. They cover such things as production stats, known/common issues & repairs, and parts sourcing.
I feel like that would be a great benefit to the community, however, it seems very few can be arsed to go outside of asking on Facebook to look for any information.

Something like a wiki would be a community effort and take a good deal of time to get running. I will look into it again, perhaps there's an easier solution out there today.

--- End quote ---

Would be great. You're one of the few people who cares with the expertise to pull something like that off.

Thanks, Jack Byrd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version