Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Radiator Fan

(1/8) > >>

CapriManxr2:
My fan never turns on ever since I installed a new 3 row aluminum radiator. When I turn the key to the ignition switch, the fan turns half a spin maybe less, but never spins anymore. I drove it and it got to almost 250 degrees on the gauge, I know not to trust these gauged but that was slightly concerning. I can feel the fan switch click and seems to be working, how do I really know what the problem is with the fan? Another thing, when I installed the new Bosch diverter valve, the car felt SUPER slow. It is really hard to get it up my drive way and it's really hard to accelerate but once the turbo hits it seems to go away. I've tried flip flopping the orientation but still no luck, and it feels the same with the old BPV as well. When i am accelerating without the turbo (1,000-2,750rpm) the car feels like its rocking back and forth, like it's lagging or stuttering but pretty subtle. Any help is appreciated!

CapriManxr2:
Update: I was able to get the fan to spin by bypassing the switch and jumping it, it span and sounded healthy. So it must be a sensor or the switch itself. About the other problem, where my car ran slow. Well, now it doesn't run at all, I got back from work and tried to start it and it cranked and wanted it to start, even got a couple of the cylinders to fire up but VERY quickly died out. I looked in the engine bay and it smelled slightly like gas, and there was smoke or vapor coming from the firewall by the fuel filter. could the car running slow just be the fuel system and coincidentally happened when I installed the new diverter valve? I am quite lost at this point because the problems seem to just start adding up by the day. Whenever I try to crank the engine, there is a clunk sound or like a clank when the starter disengages.

CapriManxr2:
Update #3 lol: after putting all of the fan plugins back together the fan started spinning immediately after Turning the key to ignition and didn't stop (witch I'm okay with because it runs hot). and the problem with the cafr not starting wasn't fuel because I undid the bolt at the end of the fuel rail and had a buddy crank it and gas came out with pretty good pressure. After all of that testing, I put the intake back together and this time the car fired right up. the throttle response is still super slow though, when I had it sitting in my garage after letting it warm up, I gave it some revs and it felt like the throttle was only open 1/4 of the way, it felt SUPER spongey. I checked the throttle body and the throttle pedal when pushed all the way opens the butterfly all the way so it's getting air fuel and spark (I just did spark plug and wires a few months ago). Even when I floored it to get the revs up it when up very slowly, like theres something restricting it for holding it back. I'm thinking it's Throttle Positon Sensor or some sort of other sensor. Any one out there that has had the similar issue? Any help is appeciated!

CapriManxr2:
Alright, did some research on the TPS and I'll try adjusting it a little to get it to idle more comfortably. currently the idle is at ~500rpm and the normal idle for my car is ~900. I found online how to test the sensor and they say to run the car and let it warm up and then pull the plug to the sensor. I did just that and the RPMs fell ~150 so the sensor seems to be working (Maybe) so I'll try turning it and adjusting from what I saw in a video.

CapriManxr2:
Nevermind, I talked to my grandpa (he's more familiar with older cars) and he said it is my sensor. He said to check vacuum lines to make sure nothing is leaking. But from another video I saw on YouTube to said that a change of RPMs when unplugging the sensor means it's functional? Another thing, the radiator fan doesn't automatically kick in anymore? It did before but it's back to what it was doing before, just doing a half spin when the key goes to the ignition switch. I'm just looking for a second opinion on these problems, any help is greatly appreciated, want to get this back on the road for when it starts to warm up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version