TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Update on the radiator.  (Read 1945 times)

delhiboy3732

Update on the radiator.
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

So guys after my car was all up and running, I noticed the coolant leaking around the bottom hose of the radiator. Turns out, that the area around the flange/pipe is cracked.

Not a big deal, I went online at rockauto.com and ordered myself the cheapest radiator with part # 866 made by Spectra Premium. It was about $80 plus shipping which in my case was only 8 bucks.

So when I got that radiator and went to install it, I noticed it was about 27 inches wide and my stock was about 23 inches wide. As much as I would have liked to fit in that radiator as it was big, it simply would not fit.

Called up Rockauto and they said that capri's radiator came in 2 different sizes which is kinda hard to believe but oh well, shipped it back to them.

So now I have ordered the part # CU1628. I have not recieved it yet but this one is supposed to be around 23 inches wide. It is $110 plus shipping. Same part number at Autozone is about 320 dollars.

Radiatorbarn.com sells a 3 row radiator for our cars and it was about 150 shipped with lifetime warranty and those guys ship lightenning fast.

I just wanted to updated you guys who would be buying a radiator soon.

Thank you,

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Update on the radiator.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

i have a local company that can get me almost any part for 50% off or more normally then the major stores.

they have been cheaper each time and have had it almost in stock. too bad you can order online. but i call them for all my parts. got a friend a radiator for a grand am there for 70 bucks. every where else in town wanted 150 or more because it was an automatic
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Update on the radiator.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Hey Dheli!  There is only one proper radiator size. They must have sent for a year other than '91-'94. Gus  PS I gonna look int a full aluminum unit like RC installed and will let the forum know what is out there that is easily adaptable. People in the hot areas like myself will benefit.  Gus