TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: NEED HELP!!!!  (Read 4213 times)

Benno77

NEED HELP!!!!
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »

ok so driving my 91 around today and haven a ball, was getting up it a bit. i then found my self in the city (as u do) sitting in traffic i relise that my oil pressure is 0 zip. my thinkin was gauge must be fulty i ever have seen 0. so i drive home slowly and steady. half way home when down changing i hear a noise. now this noise is hard to explain ginda a gring but a tapping at the same time. i can only hear when NOt accelerating. My thoughts aare no oil although i can feel a bit of vibration in gear stick and when cluch is in and no acceleration the noise is muffled.

AAny ideas? has been running like a trooper for ages and this to me wasnt good. hahah hit me back.

Benn

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

Hey Benno! It sounds like you have some serious problems my friend. Check you dipstick to see an bearing material. If not drain your oil into a clean pan and then check that. i'm sure it's lead to a new motor. Including head as the cam bearings are part of the head. Gus.

Benno77

NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

ok so oil and oil filter change later i still have problem. there is pressure so am thinknin that this problem isnt related to the noise. When engine is under load there is no noise its when i am off throttle there is the noise....

i'm now thinkin CV?? could it be that? i jacked it up and sure enough the rubber bushes are stuffed and there is a lot of gunk around.

my Question before i leap into changing the CV is would i still hear the noise if i am just driveing straight or should there just be a noise when turning.

cheers benn

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

ball joint is turning with a popping sound normally

CV can be straight with the wobble wobble sound normally
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Yuri

• Old-Timer
NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 03:27:00 AM »

check control arms for stress fractures. mine broken and made similar-ish sounds

icurunnin

NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Yuri thats a scary thing to say my friend. I have a popping noise from the front passenger side and am thinking of just putting new ball joints on both sides. I guess I should check my arm for fractures while I am there.
3 92 Galant VR-4\\\'s = sold
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
92 Saturn SL2 turbo = burned (haters)
3 95 TSI AWD talons = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

yeah, there\\\'s more....

I have commitment issue\\\'s with cars

Yuri

• Old-Timer
NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »

if they are indeed broken..... i know where to get some used ones in decent condition for a decent price... same place i got my replacement... but everything else you are describing sounds like an engine problem tho

shotgun84

NEED HELP!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

0 oil pressure. Maybe a bad pressure sending unit.