TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: dead n/a capri  (Read 2244 times)

curtis

dead n/a capri
« on: September 26, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

I have had this car two weeks now (it only ran a week). About a week ago the car just shut off while at idle in park. At this point I had no spark, I replaced the ignition module, I now have spark. The problem now is the injectors won't function. The car will run on ether or gas sprayed into the throttle body. There are no blown fuses in either fuse box. At one point I changed out the RPM sensor ( on the side of the distributor ). Is this what activates the injectors? Since I returned this ($112.00 dollar) module, could just removeing it and replacing it disturb it enough to cause it to fail? If this only controls something else what controls or activates the injectors? I reviewed ALLDATA, it wasn't much help. As you must know finding a shop manual is like panning for gold and paying for one is like buying gold. So what I need is some good old fashioned verbage to guide me thruogh this "injector dilemma". Ford and Mercury are of little help and the Mazda 323 system is just differant enough ( I scowered the U-PULL IT wrecking yard looking for help from a Mazda doners to be of no help ),the rpm sensor is apparantly not on the distibutor. Any help getting this little car running again would be very appreciated, as I may just beat myself over the head for alternitive relief! Thanks.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
dead n/a capri
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

check in the trunk and make sure that the red button is pushed in. that disables fuel when it is popped

also you are doing this with the VAF connected right?

i think the fuel signal is in there as well
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible