Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Engine & Drivetrain Swaps

Capri Nonturbo to Turbo Conversion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rocketman:
There is no reasonable way to convert the XR2 clutch to hydro operation. I've seen it done with fabrication work but it's far easier to swap the pedals, or drill out the existing one.

Twinthrill:
Hello I'm new to the forum and have a few questions regarding the non-turbo to turbo swap. I got a xr2 engine, intercooler and piping fully installed in my non-turbo capri. the engine had the harness with it, but can i connect the engine wiring harness to the wiring harness in the engine bay? or do i need to get that harness form a donor car also? Another question is can the XR2 engine run off the non-turbo ECU while i continue to piece to get the rest of the parts I need like the knockbox and turbo ECU?

Rocketman:
You will need the XR2 ECU in order to properly run the engine.

It will run on the N/A electronics, but you will not have the proper fueling - it will run very lean under boost.

1991 to 93na turbo swap:
Thanks rocket man! This is a huge help.

mcanchola2:
I just notice that the N/A harness doesnt have the knock sensor plug.... does that mean i need to remove the XR2 harness and and use that one instead or is there a plug  somewhere hidden... working on my swap btw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version