TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Head Gasket  (Read 3868 times)

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Head Gasket
« on: September 24, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »

So I'm in the middle of rebuilding my engine and I realized that on the head gasket, the holes for the coolant galleys are waaaaay smaller on the gasket than the block. I am looking around the internet and I can't find a head gasket with holes the same shape/size as the coolant galleys. are the coolant galley holes small on the head gasket to slow down flow or do I have the wrong head gasket?

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Re: Head Gasket
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 02:30:07 PM »

Heres a video of the head gasket and the galley holes not matching sizes. https://imgur.com/a/Uxk4FAp

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: Head Gasket
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 05:59:17 AM »

Do you not have 2 dowel pins in your cylinder head? The way you lay that gasket down, it doesn't look correct. It should be a little tight getting the gasket onto the dowels. If my memory is right (it might not be), there was a dowel that dropped into a hole for a head bolt in the front left and right rear corners of the block/head. Those will hold the gasket in place. If you dig through my long post in the builds thread, at some point I had to run to a mazda dealership and buy the dowels, so there should be a part # in there.

If you do have the 2 dowels on, then yeah something doesn't look right to me.