Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Brakes/Suspension/Tires/Wheels

Galant Brake Upgrade (Big Brake Kit!)

<< < (2/17) > >>

rcdraco:
So basically you're saying buy those korean rotors from KVR, via corksport. $80

I could probably get a nicer set of Centrics for less, using a part number that autopart stores recognize.  Can get these for roughly $25.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1279674

My question is are these the correct rotors.

bhazard:
266mm is what the guide said right?

The difference is the expensive rotors are slotted and zinc coated. Nothing I really care about...

Rocketman:

--- Quote ---The proper rotors to use are 89.5 Galant rotors - 266mm (10 15/32) Please note there are also 256mm (too small) and 276mm rotors (the 276mm is the VR4 rotor. it requires too much grinding in the caliper throat and wont add any effective braking area)
--- End quote ---

Gostlrs:
Who cares where you get them from..personal preference..

I have ran Ebay specials for a long time with no problems..

rcdraco:
My point is that if I go into an autozone, napa, or what have you and ask for M1332 rotors, they'll tell me there is no such thing.  It's not a recognized part number.  The rotors listed for the 1989 galant are 120.46014, Centric is a globally recognized brand.  Say if Corksport or whoever drops those KVR rotors, there's no interchange for that number to a brand name rotor.  But brands like Centric, Raybestos, Brembo, and Bendix are recognized brands that any auto-parts store can interchange part numbers from if they don't have that particular brand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version