TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack  (Read 1182 times)

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack
« on: June 12, 2022, 06:34:04 PM »

Sorry guys, I know it's a bunch of unrelated parts...but it all falls into the general category of "hard to replace" parts due to availability. As far as the rack and P/S pump, all I see is the option to send yours out and have it re-built. There are kits to replace all of the rubber seals, though. The starter and alternator have options available, but I've heard rumors of fitment issues with both. I saw a few alternator bearings for sale.

My questions are thus; does anyone know of a starter and/or alternator that will for sure fit our cars and is available? How about a P/S pump or rack? Has anyone had any success getting parts and rebuilding any of these parts? Can they be found new or re-built for sale in places I haven't yet found? Thanks for the help guys!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Alternator, Starter, P/S Pump, and Rack
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »

I have my alternators rebuilt locally at a motor shop. Currently the P/S pump is available rebuilt by Cardone from Rockauto. There is a large selection of starters available from Rockauto right now also. The major item I've found not available is the brake master cylinder. I'm working with a guy in Australia right not on getting rebuild kits shipped stateside. Hope this helps.
Jack Byrd