TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: pics of my BOV install  (Read 6095 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »

i live exactly 30 mins from where i work... and i drive my capri everyday and i fill my gas tank every 4 days.... but i dont take it easy neither...

450cc injectors and 16-18 psi sucks some serious 93 octane down bud....

actually i had a little piece of shit get stuck to the ball in my boost controller...  held it open so that the car ran at 10-12psi  and wouldnt boost any higher... the car went 6 days on a tank (all 6 work days) then i cleaned my boost controller and im back to every 4 days..
but im also back to 16-18psi...

220hp@18psi

kelly270

• http://na
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

Yeah, the gas thing was really never an issue, it just cracked me up, when I read about how others are getting almost twice what I get! I try to keep my foot out of it, besides when I want mileage, I drive my storm! There was a guy in town that actually had an 11 second storm, i never saw or heard it! There is a guy who runs drifters here in town, he is the only one I know of that works on turbos! I went by his shop the other day, and he obviously heard my BOV, he and his partner both perked up and looked real hard at the red rocket!
I have read through Corky's "maximum boost" book, it helped me to understand the working basics.
Heres a quick shot of the first one I bought that started the whole thing.
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
pics of my BOV install
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »

i like that...drop an SR20DET in that thing i bet it would scream
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible