TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Troubleshooting, rough idle/slight misfire  (Read 5065 times)

Jovani

Troubleshooting, rough idle/slight misfire
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:52:00 AM »

Hey guys,
Im new to TC, and ive heard great things about you guys.  Im jovani and I have a 93 capri xr2. Just replaced spark plugs with ngk xi's, new waterpump/belt, new headgasket and valve cover gasket and lastly gates timing belt. Upon starting car and sometimes after driving for thirty minutes my car developes a slight misfire at low speeds from about idle to 30mph. Any ideas on what can cause this issue?.. Please feel free to pm me, email or txt. I greatly appreciate it. Also have a friend who has two storage containers full of parts for na and xr2s.. Message me for details im located in Orlando, Florida

Chicken

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »

Pull your plugs and see if they all look identical, or something else.

Also check your motor mounts.  Sometimes a shift in the motor position can make an air leak.

ALSO share with me all the unique treasures your friend has in those containers of parts!

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:51:00 AM »

Welcome to Team Capri

I'd check the plugs too. Perhaps cracked / broken ceramic causing misfire.
Don't forget to update your steps thru trouble shooting and final fix.
I too am interested in a list of the n/a parts
Gary

Jovani

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »

No engines right now but has alot of exterior and interior pieces, some electronics, and some other misc items...

As far as my car goes, I just replaced spark plugs and new wires will be coming in this week. Also replaced, waterpump, valve cover gasket and headgasket.. No white smoke or black smoke.. Only mod I have right now is fmic, hasnt been a issue since installed 2 years ago..

Jovani

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »

If you would to get in contact with the gentleman who has these part cars here is his contact info: Dan 4076830641
http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/3331220883.html

Jovani

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »

So my problem still exsist, ive noticed car bogs when I touch tps sensor even jus a hair, I unplugged, turned off car, plygged in,and turn back on. Car ran fine for the day, yesterday, problem came back, I tried doing same steps and nothing happens. Feels like car is in a limp mode, boost is perfect and temp is fine, motor mounts are good. Just wondering if its a timing or spark issue. Btw I just noticed oil leak from distributer, would this cause the issue? No cel or airbag light codes related  ;)  lol .. Btw it only happens between idle to about 30-40 and between mostly 1st n 2nd gear