Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Newbie with a ?

(1/3) > >>

snortsdad:
Hey guys, I'm new to the Capri world and am hoping you can get me started.  I've got a '94 XR2 with some front damage, but mostly sheet metal stuff that I'm having fixed right now.  My question is.....it's been sitting for 9 months and is puffing a little white smoke.  No oil in water or anything, and I've drained the tank and added fresh gas and it seems to be getting "better", but what other precautions should I take?  Will do the simple stuff (fuel filter, PCV) but what other action would you recommend I take with respect to the turbo system?  Car has 117K on it.  Thanks in advance, Mike

Gus Kelley:
Hey Mike! Isthe car reef green in color and you recently bought it in  Washington State outside of Seatle? It's Junk. Has a blwn engine , bent front frame horns,and a time bomb ticking in the trunk.  Gus

snortsdad:
Gus, that's the one. Yikes!  I actually picked it up because I also have a '94 reef green n/a that needed the hard top off of it, so figured I'd have plenty of spare parts to boot (which apparently now I do!).  Been sitting all winter so I'm just now starting to mess with it.  Sure about the blown engine?  It's been cruising around town pretty well???  Thanks for the reply.  Mike

Gus Kelley:
Hey Mike! Just joking about all the bad things. Dont know any further beyond body damage. It's just me being upset that I didn't call 5 mins. earlier on the car. The gentleman even offered to deliver to my door if your funds didn't clear the bank. But the white smoke indicates coolant in the cylinders. If it doesn't clear up, take two aspirin and call me to come pick it up.  Gus.

snortsdad:
Gus, do you scare all the new guys like this?!?  Just kidding.....sorry I snagged it before you did.  I really only wanted the roof at first, but when I discovered how few of the '94 XR2's are out there I decided it's probably worth throwing a few bucks at if it's salvageable.  I just have a funny feeling it's going to be more than "a few" bucks.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version