General > Build Threads

French Capri

<< < (2/8) > >>

D22A:
welcome
i hope you will enjoy  capri like do  

fchalvet:
I have tried my new wheels, but I'm not very happy. The thing is that they are a little larger than the fenders. So maybe someone can help me, can you put the same size of wheels than on a Xr2? my tires are just 195/50/15, and I'm very close to the strut, can't do better. The only thing, these wheels are a little large, 7 as size.
Anyway I'm going to place H&R springs but it won't change much.

Gus Kelley:
Hey Chalvet! Your tire size is good but the wheel size is wide and the the offset is not quite enough. They are a good looking wheel. If you put H&R springs on the car with those wheels, you might have additional problems hitting struts. Once you get the right wheels then put the H&Rs on. The car will look great.  Good Luck!  Gus.

Phillip:
You shouldn't have a problem hitting the struts but the tire might contact the fender in extreme compression.

fchalvet:
Thanks!
The distance is so large between the wheel and the fender, I didn't think it would touch with the H&R, but yes you may be right. I think I'm going to install the H&R and see..then maybe I will try to find different wheels..I like the way these ones look , but if the size is not good ...I guess 6 or 6.5 wide would have worked better.
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version