TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Question about Capri parts  (Read 5440 times)

gelkins

Question about Capri parts
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

Hi fellow-Capri owners!

I am brand new to this site.  I have a 92 Capri that runs pretty good- just needs some tinkering here and there.  

My question - where is the best site to purchase Capri parts?  I need the following:
1. Timing belt cover and gaskets
2. Shifter kit for a 5-speed.  I'm trying to replace the gear shift mechanism that "fell through the floor" and is rigged at the moment.

Also, I have a silver colored hardtop for sell in decent shape.  Is there a market for this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

gelkins

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

Hey Gelkins! One source is Russ at cougar1prod@comcast.net. He's on site constantly. Just make contact with him and go from there. Gus

[ January 15, 2009, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: CapriTypeR ]

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »

Gelkins-
I have a timing cover /gasket!  Email me direct at Cougar1prod@comcast.net with an offer!
Yes, there is a BIG market for the hardtops, as long as they are in good shape.  I sell 4-6 hardtops a year, and my suggestion would be to hold off selling it until next fall. Prime season for the tops is late October to mid-December, in my opinion.  I have a top on eBay now that I'm hoping will pull the $$ I need to recover my costs.  The original bidder backed out, although he paid me in full. I guess, technically, I'm selling the top for him now.
Top $$ for a hardtop, stand, bolt covers, cloth cover and tool is about $700. Add another $75 for the defroster switch and relay. email me some pictures of the top, and any accessories you may have, and I'll give you my "professional" opinion of what to expect when you sell it.

By the way:  Welcome to the forum!! Post some pictures of your car!!

--Russ

Gus:Thanks for the advert!
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

gelkins

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

Thank you very much Gus and Russ.  I appreciate your thoughtful responses.  

Russ, I will send you an email about the timing cover.

gelkins

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

Hey Gelkins!  Welcome aboard. If you weren't so far away, I would entertain buying your top. I'm flying into Louisville sometime soon and then traveling to Nashville and then back home. Maybe we could meet-up.  Gus

gelkins

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »

Hey Gus, Russ and h-bomb, I just sent you all e-mails.  Nice to meet you all.

Gary

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »

Hey Gelkins! I got your Email. Your best bet is to list in the parts for sale section of the forum. My trip may take me to gatlinburg-sevier and also may take me to choo-choo-town - dalton. I've got outlaws in dalton. Most of all, my trip will take me to thompson station, south of franklin. I've got newborn twin grandsons awaiting my hugs and kisses there. Good Luck! Gus.

gelkins

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

Gus, we are not too far from Franklin.  Probably less than an hour.  I have a guy from Atlanta who seems interested in the top but if he fall through, the top may still be available.  Here is some additional info about the top.

1. It does have a dome light (with bulbs) but not the light cover.  There is one website that sells a complete dome kit for $39.  But Russ seems to have access to one.

2.  The headliner is in fair shape (no holes or rips).  It's not fitted very tight but it's not drooping either.

3.  I have the original Ford wrench which sells online (used) for $69.  I also have the 2 gray plastic trim covers where the top fastens to the body (on each side).  These 2 covers are apparently "hot items" because they are hard to find.

4.  I have several bolts to fasten the top.  They did not fasten tight on my car but it wasn't due to the bolts- they seem to be in good shape.

I can e-mail you photos is you are interested.

Thanks,

Gary

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »

Hey Gelkins! The car I'm picking up has a hardtop already and I wouldn't have a way to bring yours home. Sorry! Gus.

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

C'mon Gus!!  I thought you were more creative than that- flip it upside down, stack it on top, and use lots of duct tape!!
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

Hey Russ! I'd entertain that if I lived in your hood, but us non-brokedick don't do that. Besides I didn't think do it. LoL--------- Gus

gelkins

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

Gus, you could attach wings and a motor and fly it home.  

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

Hey Gelkins!  LoL-----------HuH.  Gus