TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Hmmm.. Won't Start??? add your 2 cents  (Read 3363 times)

Denver Capri

Hmmm.. Won't Start??? add your 2 cents
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »

Alright so today I went to go to the store. And when I went to start my car I got nouthing when I turned the key over. I thought maby the battery was dead so I tested it and it was staying at about 12.5v so I went through and checked all the fuses thoes were all fine, puzzled I went to try it again and this time I noticed when it was in auxiliary the battery gauge would sit at about 1/4 power, But when I would turn it over the battery gauge would completely drop and the boost gauge would rise up to 8???? and still nouthing from the starter. Any info would help,taking everyones 2 cents.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »

Just because the battery reads 12v with no load does not mean it is good.

Did you try to jump start it?

Is the car a 5-speed? If so try to push start it.

Here in Arizona about once a year my cars kinda do the same thing. I find that the battery post will get a small film on them. I just clean them up really good with a wire brush and round file for the terminals. After that it starts right up.
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Denver Capri

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »

You were right Gostlrs, I went to autozone and bought some "Purple Power" cleaner and cleaned the battery acid off the cables and battery terminals, also other various grounds. and it started up better then ever. Good Call

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »

Cool...Seems to happen to me all the time here.
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible