TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: airbag light flashing warning, new"b"  (Read 3796 times)

T.J.

• http://www.myspace.com/shizenyasuya
airbag light flashing warning, new"b"
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

hi all. i am new here.  i registered when i got my capri about a month ago it is a 94 xr2 and the airbag light is flashing at me.  if it doesnt work, thats fine, i just dont want to be driving down the road and all of the sudden have my airbag deploy at me; especially since im pretty tall and i have to lean forward and put my face in prime punch zone to see stoplights.  the pattern it is flashing is a series of 5 flashes, pause for one second then a 6th flash please help... anyone!!!!????

Edit: so the pattern changed on me... it seems that every other time i turn my car on, it goes back and forth between the five and one and recently i noticed that it also does a three then four pattern.  im driving to work, five then one, im driving home, three then four.
94 xr2 super cute

1992xr2

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:56:00 AM »

That exact thing happened to me when I first got mine, even in that exact pattern, my friends would mess around with the parking brake to keep the two lights flashing at the same time.  Look at all of your little air bag sensors there's one in the back part of your center console, one under the carpet in the trunk and I think there's one in the front somewhere, one of them is unplugged.
EDIT: and if you crash a '94 we will hunt you down, take good care of her
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

T.J.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

thanks so much for the info. i will look for the sensors and try to make sure they are all pluged in.  any idea what the three then four flashing light means?
94 xr2 super cute

1992xr2

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »

Nope, just plug everything in and they should all go off, or just buy an aftermarket steering wheel and disconnect the light.
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

Those flashes are a code and can point to a specific  problem. There is a post here somewhere with the chart of codes and how to read them, try searching for it.

In the meantime, a flashing airbag light usually means there is an error with the system and it will not deploy even in the event of a collision.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

T.J.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

thank you all so much. especially to whomever sent me the chart with what the codes meant.  you guys rock.
94 xr2 super cute

littlegaygreen

• http://myspace.com/bobbyjbrown
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 04:51:00 AM »

i could use that chart as well
93 xr2, cone filter,no cruise,boost gauge,ALL NEW IGNITION AND STILL RUNS LIKE POOPY

\\"\\"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.\\"\\" (STOLEN QUOTE)

darqueyes

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

I also have a 94 XR2 and mine does the same thing different code though.  I just put a piece of electrical tape over it so the blink light doesn't annoy me. I have a 58 page document from Mitchel with everything you should need to diagnose and repair the problem.  I'll try sending it to you if someone tells me how.  This is for 94 only guys. The 91-93 system is different.
Terri
\\\'94 XR2

darqueyes

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »

I put it in the files section at Yahoo.
Terri
\\\'94 XR2

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »

Hey guys! The airbag light indicates the circuit is corrupt for air bag. The engine codes are the check engine light and are covered in the factory shop manual.  Gus

flytran

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »

I have the air bag light flashing a code 10 on my 92 xr2. 91 xr2 shop manual shows that as a bad air bag. So, I swapped with the one that does not flash in my 91 parts car. No error in the 91, but still flashing code 10. Diagnostics don't seem to go anywhere but replace the air bag. My thought is wiring. Plan to talk to you guys on the 11th at the gathering, but, if I could avoid the flash for the 5 hr drive, that would be great.

Just got the car back from the alignment shop. Manager tells me he would drive it anywhere. Kudo's to my 16 year old son for the job he did on the struts and cv joints.

Not winning any awards at the Gathering, but, we are making great progress.

See you all there.