TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: XR2 Project (In Oz)  (Read 2588 times)

Jolls

• 93 XR2
XR2 Project (In Oz)
« on: September 07, 2014, 07:01:59 AM »

G'Day All,
My 93 XR2 has been bodgied up after a prang that damaged the passenger side pillar and front end. In the near future I will be transferring the parts to a new shell
I am in the planning phase of the project and am looking for ideas/wisdom from those who have done similar jobs before. This is not my first restoration/rebuild so I have a fair idea of what I am getting myself into.
The plan at this stage is to strip out the new shell and paint it in the finish colour before starting to transfer the running gear and parts over from the goer. Given I will have the bare shell to work with for a couple of months before I take my Christmas leave there is an opportunity to do something special. I am seeking ideas so I can start getting the parts together in preparation for the “upgrade”.
So you probably need to know the start state. The current XR2 has already been lowered and has some had some aftermarket turbo work done. It comes with a hard top and the front brace across the struts has already been added. The interior is out of a clubbie so not likely I will do much work there.
It is my intent (at this stage – and I can be swayed) to keep the exterior fairly stock, although I will fold up lip of the rear guards so the tyres don't rub (they currently do because of the lowered springs). I am in two minds as to transferring the "Tickford" badges or removing all badging completely. I like the idea of clean lines and am I leaning that way. If anyone has already done this it would be great to see some pictures.
I would also like to do some work in the boot area to make maxim use of the limited space. Has anyone customised the boot space? I would love to get some ideas if you don't mind sharing.
I am already sold on the idea of the struts for the bonnet and will be ordering them on Monday. I have spied the Capri kick panels on ePay for 150 Aussie Beer Tokens - has anyone fitted them? Are they worth the cash?
What about the seats? I have leather seats (drivers is split). Is there a recommended upgrade? I am thinking of something without a hole in the headrest to reduce some of the wind noise when the top is down (although seat covers achieve the same effect). I would like to retain the rear seat as a just in case so racing type harnesses are out. Although I like the idea of "detachable” roll bars with the capote? Anyone done this?
Anyway – I am still in the planning phase so whatever suggestions you have would be great. I’m looking forward to this project and trust I can share the adventure with you guys.
Cheers and Beers
Craig

wcdeangelo

• 92 capri xr2 jeep 95 cherokee
Re: XR2 Project (In Oz)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »

only thing l've done so far. wing removal. i call it a "sleeper". whats a prang? storm or accident?

oz-fire

• TeamCapri Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:39:47 PM »

Jolls, maybe best to joint the local (Oz) Facebook site ,very handy for info and photos

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccwestcoastcruise/

Btown

• 1992 turbo clubsprint x 2
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:18:45 AM »

Hey Jolls,
Was in Murrumbateman st last t/f/s at a mates place. Will be back down in July. May have to come for a chat.
Bonnet struts, yes
Turbo? Boost controller/gauge and Chip
2.5 inch exhaust
CAI pod
Intro older
Lowered tick
If not a tickford I would be to bothered about badges, but debadging looks good.

Check out the Oz Facebook pages too
Bernard
1992 Clubsprint x 3
Lowered, stiffened, boosted, chipped, fun
Daily Drive, 5.0 MY17 GT Ruby Red Mustang