TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: in need of a timing cover for my newly acquired 93 xr2.  (Read 2126 times)

smackswell smart

• I'm trying to drive my new xr2!
in need of a timing cover for my newly acquired 93 xr2.
« on: January 10, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »

Someone on eBay says that the cover for a mazda protegé fits my model.  Is this true?

I know its 3 pieces.  The one i need has the timimg marks on it.
The only other part I found was $99, and that's a bit steep for a piece of plastic.

Any help would be appreciated!

smackswell smart

• I'm trying to drive my new xr2!
Re: in need of a timing cover for my newly acquired 93 xr2.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »

Nevermind.  The guy at roo-sports was helpful. 

If the moderator would like to delete this thread, please feel free

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
Re: in need of a timing cover for my newly acquired 93 xr2.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »

No question here is dumb. :)

I was cheaper than you. I think it was my bottom cover had a hole in it where one of the pulleys rubbed it. I put a piece of duct tape on it and filled the void with Loctite plastic epoxy. Then I touched it up with paint. You can't see it when it's installed. If it was the upper cover I would probably bought another. That plastic epoxy is good repairing any type of plastic. I think I bought it at Home Depot.

Ad far as compatible cars there is a list on one of these forums. The one with many compatible parts is the 88-89 Mazda 323. Some parts you can go back to 86. The base model I think had a SOHC while the GTX had a turbo DOHC. Ford Festiva is another one. I kind of like them cars.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:43:39 PM by mitch1204 »