Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Aftermarket

subwoofers

(1/6) > >>

Heavensheros:
OK so my brother just gave me 2 10" sub woofers for free with a 300W amp not huge but its free, Were is the best spot to get the most out of these things? i have them right now in the trunk but it rattles a lot will soon be getting rid of that problem with some sound dampening stuff but is there possibly a better spot for them ?

P.S I see everyone putting them in the back seat with a bubble top. Could i get some feedback on the sound of that. Thank you - Josh

CapriTypeR:
Josh-
Make sure your alternator is good, and I highly suggest using a capacitor!  The alternators on these cars barely keep up with the demand as it is.  Now add huge power drain from subs, and you have alternator failure within 6 months!!

--Russ

yen:
x2 with the back seat idea, encased in a removable box. we've got one that fits snug in the back seat and also fits into the boot incase you do have to pick up a third person. pretty neat fit!

Heavensheros:
OK where would i get a bigger alternator? and what would a capacitor do ?

CapriTypeR:
A capacitor is simply a big battery. It'll hold the power until it's needed by the subs.
I have no idea where you would get a bigger alternator.

I have 2 12's under my BubbleTop, and it's LOUD!! Better than loud, though, it's clear!  The sound from these are amazing. I do, however, have all top-end equipment, including Kenwood Excelon head unit and amps.
I'll try to shoot some pictures tomorrow.

By the way - If you're looking for a BubbleTop to put over those subs, there is one on eBay right now- auction #230335524946

--Russ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version