TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greek Capri  (Read 8741 times)

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« on: November 23, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

Was just wondering how can I post some pics of the only Capri XR2 in Greece Which I have just recently rebuilt after 3 long years

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Greek Capri
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

www.photobucket.com will allow you to upload photos and link to them.

looking forward to seeing it, were you the one that got the 300hp engine built?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

My 91 Capri

This is the custom Job I did installing wilwood 4 piston calipers With 280mm disks of a VW Corrado

Did not like the round tail lights so I got some truck LED tail lights which are just awesome

Red leather  interior including dash with Recaro seats all stiched and done by me since I am in the leather buss.
A lot of mods have been made to the suspension I installed Bilstein adjustable shocks,but since they are not made for a capri I used my original struts which I had them bored out and installed cartridges inside, which Bilstein does sell. Energy Suspension  links and bushings, H&R springs The motor has a HKS PFC F-CON HKS boost controller,Thanks to this board I am currently installing a VJ14 T-Bird Hybrid front mount intercooler injectors 450cc from a second generation RX7 (non Turbo) Right now as the car stands its been dynoed at 190hp I am willing to share any info on the mods (ITS BEEN VERY HARD) since I live in Greece and everything has to be custom made

shot of the section

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Greek Capri
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

That looks awesome man! I would love some info on the brakes, and more info on your engine if possible.

The tailights look damned good too.

-Matt

ninjaskill

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443115
Greek Capri
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

yes...please tell us about those brembo's! i really would like to know what was involved in that. i must  say you really show your dedication, and i give you mad props.....

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

Well heree goes on the brakes I got the calipers from Jegs after I received them , I had some problems trying to install them because of the Pressed bearing situation in the stock rotors, I finally got hold of a 93 mazda 323 steering knuckle, then only to find out that the ends of my half shafts are just way to small, after taking my halfshafts in hand and ny u-joint disassembed in hand I found that the u-joint from the 94 626 would fit on my spline end of the shaft and that would fit into the 323 steering knuckle, (note you also need 94 323 tie rod ends and ball joints) after that I took the steering knuckle with hub to my local parts supply and found that the VW Corado g60 Rotors fit on the hub and bolt pattern perfectly, and this gave me a massive 280mm rotor well vented with hub slots, after that I machined the steering knuckle to accept the calipers, the front hole of the mounting plate had to be moved forward 1.5cm, what they did is cut the end ear of the steering knuckle mounting plate and with argon extended the ear 1.5 cm since most of the stress hits the rear end of the mounting plate there is no problem. All this fit perfectly in my 15" rims with no clearence problems,After everything was assembled the car hadvery low pedal pressure, we found out the master cylinder could not cope with 4 piston calipers,I went back to my 94 323 took of the master cylinder with booster installed it on the capri (fits Perfect) but since the capri master cylinder has the proportioning valve built in, I had to remove the proportioning valve of the 323 which sits on the firewall and then there wass the issue of the plumbing, the 323 master cylinder has 3 outlet ports the capri has 4 finaly after getting some copper tubing I hooked up the system exactly as it was on the 323 ( all the work is done by the firewall you do not have to extend lines to the back of the car) After i completed everything the moment of truth arrived,

WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY the braking is simply unbelievable, the car STOPS better than my A3 Quattro,
This week I just ordered a Haltech E6X from Australia I will keep everyone posted.
any Questions please feel free to ask

need4speed428

Greek Capri
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »

Good job. I like seeing custom work like that done.
So what was involved in your engine build? Are you saying you had 190 wheel hp with just a stock vj14? What else was included in that equation? Awesome job man!
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1966 F100
1993 XR2 (gone but not forgotten)
2006 Yamaha FZ1  \\"[Smile]\\"  150bhp at only 439lbs!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Greek Capri
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

So you used the steering hardware from a BG chassis 323, axles from a 626, vw corado rotors, and 4piston wilwood calipers? excellent info man, I really appreciate you sharing it with us

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »

Hello again From Greece I am starting to Work On my Car agin, Thius time its Big time above is a picture of the Phantom Grip I just Installed

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »

This is my Flywheel
Bellow is the Flywheel from a B5 motor with the same clutch diameter But way Lighter

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 03:07:00 AM »

Thins are starting finally to take shape, Waiting for my cams to arrive from Corksport I have pulled the motor apart to get my heads ported and shined

Istalled the FMIC

80mm Stainless exhaust

1992xr2

Greek Capri
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 03:42:00 AM »

Do you have any more info on that B5 flywheel? What car is it from?
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Greek Capri
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

is the flywheel 7lbs?

D22A

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZAQnluDNk&feature=related
Greek Capri
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »

I like bumpers  front and rear  I whant one kit    :(      :(    can I find them in US????

i do not drive capri enymore but i am still here and not going anywhere  
1996 MT 3000GT LS
1993 CAPRI n/a

psolpsol

Greek Capri
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »

The Flywheel came of a B5 Dohc motor with Variable intake which came of a motor I found in my local mazda boneyard it weighed just under 5 kilos,

ABOUT the bumper kit I imported it from Australia to Greece I am not sure if it is available in The USA
Pages: [1] 2