TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: top not closing  (Read 5777 times)

raven

top not closing
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

where exactly do you get those new tops?  no one in my part of the world seems to have any clue.  I'm not against ordering through the net if thats what I have to do.
I also have a quick question...  Have any of you had any difficulties w/ the front bearings wearing out frequently?  I've been through 3 sets in the past 2 years and the mechanic has no idea why.  btw:  she's a 91 capri xr2 that I've owned for 5 years now.

zxtunerdotcom

top not closing
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by raven:
where exactly do you get those new tops?  no one in my part of the world seems to have any clue.  I'm not against ordering through the net if thats what I have to do.
I also have a quick question...  Have any of you had any difficulties w/ the front bearings wearing out frequently?  I've been through 3 sets in the past 2 years and the mechanic has no idea why.  btw:  she's a 91 capri xr2 that I've owned for 5 years now.
i can help on the wheel bearing question... your mechanic is not using the correct spacer for establishing the correct bearing to race fit. the spacer that sits between the two bearings comes in a variety of thicknesses to insure the correct position of the cup relative to the cone. he probably hasn't even checked it, and is just throwing parts at the car without understanding what the repair manual reccomends for correct wheel bearing installation and adjustment.

rob

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
top not closing
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

I cant remember what company it was (I'll hafta ask Richter) but ours fits fine, and its tan. They make other colors as well.
Pages: 1 [2]