TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: My head lights :(  (Read 3229 times)

owent616

• 1991 Capri XR2
My head lights :(
« on: November 07, 2022, 07:52:41 PM »

I just recently purchased a 1991 Capri XR2 she has about 72k miles, but the seller decided to not mention a few problems with the car. My headlights do not turn on at all, the left headlight motor seems to not be getting power, I think it works because the few times I have manually got the headlight up I got shocked and the motor rotated the headlight down but this does not happen every time. My driver window does not work, and none of the switches for the headlights or the dash lights work. So is that my problem the switches all don't work? I have it in the shop at the moment with hopes of getting my headlights to be able to turn on so I can make this car my daily. Has anyone ever had issues like this or have an idea how to go about fixing them??? I will add a few pictures of my beauty when ever I get her back from the shop. I am open for ideas to customize my car but have no clue where to start.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: My head lights :(
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 05:02:12 AM »

Welcome to the community, sounds like you might have ground problems. Corroded grounds are common.
 That's where I'd start. I believe there are six or seven under the hood and three under the dash. Another common problem is corroded contacts in the headlight motors. There is a sticky on how to dissemble them and clean them.
Jack Byrd