Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

91 XR2 fuel pump relay location

(1/3) > >>

operator4100:
Hey there all, Just got my engine set in after rebuilding, having cranking problems, where is the fuel pump relay located? also there is a large ground wire I cant find where it goes,I've looked at pix displayed on here and noticed it at the transmission side,but where do I connect it?

Rocketman:
The fuel pump relay, if I recall correctly, is located beneath the ECU. Check the wiring diagrams at TechCapri.com

The large ground should connect to one of the large bolts on the transmission. If its an XR2 I think you can use one of the bolts for the clutch cable bracket.

operator4100:
I took the panels off each side of the console but dont see anything like it, I can see the PCM just have to look some more. grounds seem to be a major factor on these systems,I saw where one end of the large ground was connected to the transmission in your pix Rocketman,but where does the other attach????? I pulled this engine out about a year ago and it sat on the bench waiting on me, seems as though one sitting creates lots of problems !!!!!!Your pix have been very helpfull Rocketman wish I had done that... Lessons LEARNED DW

Rocketman:
Glad they are coming to use.

That large ground is part of the charging harness I believe, and the other end ends up at the negative battery cable.

If you are trying to start your car without that connected, then that may be your problem.

To get to the fuel pump relay, you have to remove the "PCM", there are two relays mounted to the firewall under the pcm.

Check to make sure all your connections are there first. Some are easy to overlook.

1992xr2:
Are you sure about the realys being there? I just went out and looked to be sure but the only thing behind my pcm is the heater ducts for the vents that (used to) blow heat at the back seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version