TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: no induction noise...?  (Read 2005 times)

mogli

no induction noise...?
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »

hey everyone,
well, i installed a cone filter yesterday, hoping to get the awesome induction noise that the cone filter normally gives (i had that in my fuel injected mk1 golf before), however i was really disappointed to see, that it did not change at all, still sounds the same as stock...
any ideas what to do, cause i am really after the induction sucking noise, before i will move on to a new exhaust system.
cheers

rcdraco

no induction noise...?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »

It's not a turbo car first off, and second off the VAF works quite well as a muffler.  Only way you'll get any real noise is to wire in some sort of proper MAF, or get a turbo.  

mogli

no induction noise...?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:28:00 AM »

yeah, its not a turbo, but i have a mk1 golf back home in south africa and its a non turbo fuel injected 1.4, but without a MAF, and with a cone filter it really sounds mean. i expected the same with the capri, but was heavily disappointed. is that due to the MAF, how can i change it? (except getting a turbo etc).

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
no induction noise...?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »

You won't really get much induction noise. You can go with a better intake pipe. The VAF doesn't have a whole lot to do with it, its a tiny throtttle, a tiny plenum, it doesn't resonate much.

You could use ITB's though, that'd make a hell of a lot of noise!

1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"