TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: hi all  (Read 4741 times)

AussieCapri92

hi all
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »

Im brett

Im Australian

I have a Ford capri bachetta 92.

Im rebuilding my car and installing a supercharger instead of turbo charged as im not a big fan of turbo lag.

Iv mod the engine now over size .020 low compression turbo pistons for supercharge boost.

The engine was natural asp when brought my bachetta.

Does any one know what extras i need for the mods for supercharging as like a turbo.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
hi all
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »

Welcome to TeamCapri!

Glad to see something different being done. Have you diven a turbo capri? The boost lag is non-existent with the stock turbo.

Which supercharger are you using? You will need fuel for the boost, meaning ECU, injectors, and spark retard under boost if you wil be pushing it.

Are you sticking with the stock nonturbo transmssion ?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

AussieCapri92

hi all
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

Iv only just started working on the project.

Have done many months of research but not that i can find some really useful info on the B6 and B6T.

I have driven turbos before and also supercharged engines.

The capri i have is only 47 of them with modifications done if factory.

It already has a turbo trans and C/V's and standard rotators.

My Bachetta been off the road for 2 years now working on the engine as i did a timing belt lucky there was no damage.

Iv been looking at many different blowers had my eye on 2 different ones sc14 4gaze blower or a eaton mp45 screw blower its all about the space in the engine bay being R/H drive.

Iv all ways been a power nut fully Blown 4l 6 cylinder.

I always have wanted to do something with the B6 as i was racing a turbo WRX turbo one day and when we pulled up he was surprised on what the Bachetta took off he asked me what in that, "i just said just a b6 N/A with factory mods bigger fule injection and 2 and 1/5 inch exhaust HIFLOW cutback cat and K&N HiFlow Air Filter".

I know the little B6 has low end torque and redlines at 7500rpm 220km+  

Iv never been a real fan of Front wheel drives

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
hi all
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »

They redline at 6800 (stock), and float the valves just above 7200 RPM so unless you've gone to solid lifters you won't really see 7500 RPM.

The MP45 is a good choice, it is a very efficient blower (for roots anyway) it's got the new 120° twist rotors. It's a good match for the 1.6

The SC14 is a little large for the 1.6 but will work, it's got a electric clutch on it which is nice, and the packaging is relatively convenient so adapters and brackets would be easier to fab. It's a regular roots style though and are nowhere near as efficient as the Eaton style, especially the MP series.

You should find turbo ECU, harness, distributor, vaf, etc - all the sensors + injectors - those will supply you with enough fuel to run around 10psi on either blower. It will fuel the engine just like if it had a turbo on it
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"