TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lots of parts for sale  (Read 6398 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Lots of parts for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »

Just mind the high pressure line, don't use rubber on it. It sees many hundred PSI hydraulic pressure.

I think you could use brake line, but I don't know if the compression/flare fittings would works especially up by the pump there. I know I have a set of lines from on the tower there in good shape I will try to dig them out, not sure where they got to.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

jfassivess

• 92 Capri Turbo, Chevy Traverse
Re: Lots of parts for sale
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »

I'm guessing this ad is old enough that you don't have parts, BUT even if not, maybe you can tell me a correct name for the little (plastic, I assume) button (?) on the inside of the glove box door, that is lifted to open the glove box.  The prongs are there - I can move those prongs up, and easily pry the door open. 
Also, my manual (1992 Turbo) makes reference to some turbos have an oil filter - some don't.  Am I understanding that correctly?  This is a new car (to me) and I'm trying to learn, so I'm not at the financial mercy of taking it to Ford or mechanic.  Based on your posts, you seem VERY knowledgeable. 
Thanks for any help.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 02:35:16 AM »

I think you're looking for a glove box handle. I don't have any, Russ has some metal reproductions.

All the Capris have oil filters, regardless of turbo & nonturbo. The turbo engines have an extra oil cooler on them, perhaps that's what you're thinking of? The turbochargers themselves to not have an oil filter, they run off engine oil
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

jfassivess

• 92 Capri Turbo, Chevy Traverse
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 07:18:08 AM »

Thanks Rocket.   Who is Russ?  How do I contact him?
Pages: 1 [2]