TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Can I put turbo1.6 in my regular 1.6 capri with major modifications ?  (Read 2761 times)

ericjd

Can I put a turbo 1.6 engine in my regular capri without any  major modifications ? Exactly what modifications would I have to make if any ?

rock-on

Can I put turbo1.6 in my regular 1.6 capri with major modifications ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

inter cooler,radiator,wiring harness,ecu,gauge cluster if you want stock boost gauge,and all the sensors on the fire wall,i think the fuel pumps are diffrent i'm not sure on that,it's not that bad of a change over just time consuming,be certain it's a turbo motor,they are diffrent from the non turbo engine,turbo engine has dish pistons bigger cc heads to except the boost,also there are oil jets pointing at the bottom of the pistons for extra lube and cooling.this is some of the stuff i'm sure someone else on here will think of some other things.but that's ok that is what these forums are all about.hope this helps a little.

D22A

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZAQnluDNk&feature=related
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »

tl me what year is your capri.
because my was 1993 and had all conectors for turbo, had knock sensor wire, had boost controler wires, and had XR2 brake, i added Xr2 sway bar and it was  all xr2 exept engine    :D    
try check brakes and  do not think to buy just engine because there are so many small sensors there that  you have to sell you house    :D   . go and buy some cracked  or hit xr2 for $1000 and you will have every think you will just need to change staf, or eny mechanick can take engine and put in you car
i do not drive capri enymore but i am still here and not going anywhere  
1996 MT 3000GT LS
1993 CAPRI n/a

ericjd

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

I want to close this topic for now. How do I do it ?

[ February 27, 2009, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Rocketman ]