TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Radiator swap  (Read 2001 times)

StreetDoc

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
Radiator swap
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »

I just bought an all aluminum radiator from amazon.com and while trying to get the old one out, ran into a problem. I can't get the lower radiator hose connector past the pipe going into the a/c condenser. How have y'all gotten around this issue? Thanks. I don't have any pics of the pipes at this time.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:45:38 PM by StreetDoc »
1991 Mercury Capri XR2
2000 Suzuki Bandit GSF600S

JJ

Re: Radiator swap
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »

Been a while since I did this.... I assume you've removed the fan from the radiator? I don't remember there being any issues. Also, one time we were working on the exhaust manifold/turbo so had that off and then replaced the radiator. with that out of the way, there's lots of room! :) This was on an xr2

StreetDoc

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
Re: Radiator swap
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:29 AM »

Finally got it. I was trying to remove the fan and radiator as one piece and there were clearance issues. After removing the fan, the radiator came out relatively easy. Thanks for the info!
1991 Mercury Capri XR2
2000 Suzuki Bandit GSF600S