TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Beather and pcv?  (Read 1714 times)

sterling94capri

Beather and pcv?
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:52:00 AM »

Do I still need a PCV if I have a com cover breather or what? Mine makes a buzzing vibration sound some time,was gonna replace it but with the breather I am wondering does it do anything?Thanks Rocky

rcdraco

Beather and pcv?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »

I think that if you want it to operate properly it creates a vacuum at the pcv to suck in valve cover emissions.  The valve itself is to stop anything from going back into the upper cylinder head.  If it's making noise it could be damaged.  Should be like $3 at a parts store.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Beather and pcv?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

Keep the PCV. The buzzing is the valve opening/closing rapidly due to crank pressure. You can run a catch can, but still need the valve inline. Pressurizing the crankcase is a good way to blow out all your oil seals.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

bhazard

Beather and pcv?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »

I put a catch can inline with the valve cover breather. Is there a more optimal setup?
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road