TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Replacing an engine  (Read 14629 times)

rcdraco

Replacing an engine
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »

Okay, I managed to get a thermostat in the car, but now the car runs about 195 average, and peaks around 210-225 as per the gauge.

Is this something to be worried about, or is it only a problem when the gauge pegs?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Replacing an engine
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »

It should sit here, and maybe a tick above before the fan comes on if you are sitting.

If it is running higher than that you have something wrong with the cooling system. Did you put in a 195° thermostat?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

rcdraco

Replacing an engine
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 02:29:00 AM »

Mine sits there at about 50mph, but at idle in traffic it can go up to 225, the 2nd last point.  I replaced my thermostat with an OE mazda 2 stage thermostat, 198/195F.

It seems to hold pretty well when it's cold out, so I'm going to try to flush it out again and see if I can't clear out all the orange junk that got left when some idiot put sealant in it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]